Description: Windows Common Controls ActiveX Control DLL File Extension: OCX file extension File Name: MSCOMCTL.OCX Object File Type: Dynamic link library
How do I register MSCOMCT2 OCX and Mscomctl OCX?
You must copy the MSCOMCT2.OCX file to c:\windows\sysWOW64, not c:\windows\system32. You can then register them by running them from the command line, or perhaps in the boot options, run regsvr32 c:\ . windows\sysWOW64\mscomct2. ocx and it should recognize it, but make sure regsvr32 is running as admin.
How to fix mscomctl.ocx missing in Windows 10?
Please keep Win + I more open to Windows settings. In the “Settings” section, click “Category Method”. Then select the “About” tab in the left pane and you can scan your system by typing in the desired area. After that, you can follow the guide below to fix MSCOMCTL.OCX missing from Windows 10 as per your case ownership need. What version of Windows do I have?
How do I fix Mscomctl OCX missing?
- Locate the MScomctl ocx file locally on your drive first – check if it is missing.
- If a certain file is missing, download all MScomctl.exe files from any reliable website.
- Now unzip the file to the C:WINDOWSsystem32 directory.
- Then click Start and Run.
- Now type “REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL. OCX and the media are closing in.
What is Mscomctl OCX missing?
If the program gives a rendering error “Component “MSCOMCTL.OCX” or one of its specific dependencies is not properly registered: file a is missing and/or may be invalid.” If you’re trying to install it on your computer, it means that type can’t find the right file when browsing, or the information used is usually stored incorrectly on the computer.
Why is mscomctl.ocx missing in Visual Basic?
Whenever you try to open an old model software or application, you encounter a wonderful error: “The MSCOMCTL ‘.OCX’ component and one of its dependencies are not properly registered: file a is missing or even invalid. Facing an error because MSCOMCTL.OCX (32-bit ActiveX/Operations Control file) is part of the deprecated Visual Basic 6.0.
What is Mscomctl ocx missing?
When the program prompts you for another error condition, the “MSCOMCTL” component. OCX or its dependencies are not resolved correctly: The file is missing, possibly invalid” If you are trying to install it on your computer, it means that the required file cannot be found in the directory or the installation is incorrectly written to the whole computer.
How do I fix component Mscomctl OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid?
- Open a command prompt as an administrator. Navigate to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder by typing the following command: cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
- Once you are in the SysWOW64 directory, run the correct command to properly register MSCOMCTL. OSX: Regsvr32MSCOMCTL. OSH.
Why is Mscomctl ocx missing?
OCX is an ActiveX file that is part of the Visual Basic 6.0 package. However, older software may still require this initialization to work. If you are receiving this error message, it means that the required software file is not registered or distributed and the desired application still cannot be run.
How do I fix component Mscomctl ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid?
- Open the command on the command line, mainly because admin. Navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 by typing the following command: cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
- Once you have completed the SysWOW64 directory, run the following command to find the appropriate application for MSCOMCTL. OSX: Regsvr32MSCOMCTL. OSH.
Vijay is a tech writer with years of experience in the Windows world. He’s seen it all – from simple problems to catastrophic system failures. He loves nothing more than helping people fix their PCs, and he’s always happy to share his wisdom with anyone who needs it.
When Vijay isn’t fixing Windows problems, he likes to spend time with his wife and two young children. He also enjoys reading, playing cricket, and watching Bollywood movies.