In the search box on the taskbar type type Task Scheduler.
Expand the Task Scheduler Library and select Microsoft > Office.
In the the middle window find Office Automatic Updates 2.0. Right-click it and select Run.
Method 1: Uninstall Unkown Programs Uninstall “ Search Protect ” or “ SW Booster ” or “ Performance Optimizer. ”
Method 2: Change the value of LoadAppInit_DLLs
Method 3: Update Graphic Card Drivers
Method 4: Download latest C++, DirectX and .NET Framework
Method 5: Download All in One Runtimes (AIO)
Method 6: Run the Application in Compatibility Mode
Method 7: Run SFC (System File Checker)
How to fix 0xc0000142 error on window 7?
“The application could not start correctly (0xC0000142). Click OK to close each application.” The error 0xc0000142 usually occurs. If you’re trying to run a new, outdated, or corrupted program, in most cases the solution to error 0xc0000142 is to change the design of the program causing the error.
How do I fix error 0xc0000142 in Windows 10?
Steps to run the app in compatibility mode:
- Right-click on the task that caused this error (code 0xc0000142).
- Review to improve its properties.
- Go to the Mapping tab – Ups.
- Select the compatibility mode according to your system.
- Click Apply, then OK.
How do I fix Outlook exe error 0xc0000142?
Start Outlook in compatibility mode. Right-click the tool and choose Properties from most of the options. Go to “Compatibility and tab” and open the window. Check the “Run Outlook in compatibility mode” box. Select an earlier version of Windows and choose this OK option.
How do I fix WinWord exe application error 0xC0000142?
Solution: Application error 0xC0000142 in MS Office 2016-2019.
- Method 1: Remove the latest Windows or Office updates.
- Method 2: Restore your system to a previous working state.
< li>Method 3: Repair your Office installation.
How do I fix app error 0xc0000142?
How to fix application 0xc0000142?
- There was an error restarting some of the applications you tried to open.
- Restart your computer, open all applications/programs, and check again if this error is resolved.
- Disable any third-party antiviruses or firewalls on your computer.
How do I fix Powerpnt EXE application error 0xc0000142?
powerpnt.exe application – Error (0xc0000142)
- Open Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- In the list of installed applications, click Microsoft Office.
- Click Change at the top > Click the Repair button.
- Choose “Repair Online” to have everything repaired.
How do I fix error 0xc0000142 in Outlook?
Start Outlook in compatibility mode. Right-click on the overlay and select “Properties” between the options. Go to each Compatibility tab and open a window. Check the “Run Outlook in compatibility mode” box. Often select an older version of Windows and I would say select the OK option.
How do I fix Outlook EXE application error 0xc0000142?
Start Outlook in compatibility mode. Right-click on the application and select “Properties” from the options. Go to the “Compatibility” tab and open the window. Select the “Start Outlook in mapping mode” checkbox. Select the old version of Windows and select the “OK” option.
How do I fix Powerpnt exe application error 0xc0000142?
powerpnt.exe – application opening error (0xc0000142)
- Control Panel > Programs for Components.
- In the current list of installed applications, click Microsoft Office.
- At the top, click Edit > Dialog box, click Repair.
- Choose online restore to fix everything.
Vijay is a tech writer with years of experience in the Windows world. He’s seen it all – from simple problems to catastrophic system failures. He loves nothing more than helping people fix their PCs, and he’s always happy to share his wisdom with anyone who needs it.
When Vijay isn’t fixing Windows problems, he likes to spend time with his wife and two young children. He also enjoys reading, playing cricket, and watching Bollywood movies.