Window Update Component Restart.
Disable the Antivirus.
In Place Upgrade Performance.
SFC & DISM Scan.
Windows Update Manually.
1. Disabling your Anti-virus A common problem affecting the Windows 10 automatic updates is the blocks by your anti-virus software. Because Windows 10 does not come with any anti-virus software installed, you have to buy a third-party offering. The anti-virus will sometimes clash with windows update and create the above error.
2. Performing DISM and SFC Scans
How do I fix error code 0x80080008?
Steps to fix Windows Update error 0x80080008
- Perform an SFC and DISM scan. …
- Restart Windows Component Update. …
- Check your antivirus.…
- Download a new startup manually. …
- Restart the BITS services. …
- Boot in Safe-a-Boot mode. …
- Perform an in-place upgrade.
How do I fix error 0x80080008?
Fix: Windows 10 update error 0x80080008
- Method 1: Restart these Windows Update services.
- Method 2: Reregister Wups2. dll.
- Method 3: Turn on automatic updates.
- Method 4: Reboot your phone.
What is error code 0x80080008?
Microsoft update error code 0x80080008. If you try to install updates and also use Windows Update or Microsoft Update, you may get program error 0x80080008. This issue usually occurs when the Wups2.dll file available in the latest version of Windows Update was not installed correctly or not registered. Fixed a specific issue…
What does error code 0x80080008 stand for?
Going to the Windows Update troubleshooter might fix the issues temporarily, and if so then continue after a reboot with a better error message like “The service registry is indeed missing or corrupted”. Upgrade issues Code 0x80080008 means CO_E_SERVER_STOPPING – The object server is currently stopping after being called through an OLE service.
How do I fix windows update 0x80080008 on Windows 10 8/8.1 etc?
You can do this by doing the following:
- On your computer, press the Windows key + S.
- Type “command prompt” (without the quotes).
- Then right-click the command prompt in the final results. Run, select as administrator.
- Once the command prompt is active, type “sfc /scannow” mode (without quotes), then hit enter.
What is 0x80080008?
Update error code 0x80080008 means that the CO_E_SERVER_STOPPING ObjectServer has stopped after being called through an OLE service. This caused error is the result of all Wups2 errors. dll, which is undoubtedly included in the latest version associated with Windows Update, was not badly connected.
Vijay is a tech writer with years of experience in the Windows world. He’s seen it all – from simple problems to catastrophic system failures. He loves nothing more than helping people fix their PCs, and he’s always happy to share his wisdom with anyone who needs it.
When Vijay isn’t fixing Windows problems, he likes to spend time with his wife and two young children. He also enjoys reading, playing cricket, and watching Bollywood movies.