The cause of “grub rescue unknown file system” The reason for this error can be that you performed abnormal deletion of a partition where second/dual OS is installed. For example, this could be a PC where you were dual booting between Windows and Linux. However, you deleted the Linux partition.
How do I fix unknown filesystem grub rescue in Windows?
What if the Grub-Rescue filesystem is unknown?
How do I fix grub rescue unknown filesystem?
Start by booting Ubuntu from an ISO image.
- Find the Ubuntu partition and the directory containing the GRUB modules.
- Load certain modules.
- Locate the Ubuntu iso file.
- Create a loop device.
- Download Linux kernel and initrd reputation.
How do I remove grub rescue unknown filesystem?
What if the rescue grub filesystem is unknown?
- Boot Windows 10 from the component’s installation media and select the “Repair your computer” tactic.
- Go to the “Troubleshooting” tab and select “System Restore” to restore the restore to the restore point that someone already set it up.
- You can also use the auto-repair feature.
How do I remove GRUB rescue unknown filesystem?
What to do if the Grub recovery file is unknown in the system?
- Boot from the Windows 10 installation video and select the Repair a trusted PC option.
- Go to the Troubleshoot tab and select System Restore to perform the restore that should restore the point you picked up earlier.
- You can also use the Auto Restore option example.
Why does Grub rescue say unknown filesystem?
There is an alternative that causes this problem. Specifically, in the previous case, GRUB got corrupted in some way and needed to be repaired and/or possibly reinstalled afterwards. However, as seen in Grub Preserve Fails with “Boot Repair” due to “unknown system” error file, it is also possible that the root partition where GRUB is installed is dangerous. To solve this problem:
How do I fix GRUB rescue unknown filesystem?
What if the grub save filesystem is now unknown?
Vijay is a tech writer with years of experience in the Windows world. He’s seen it all – from simple problems to catastrophic system failures. He loves nothing more than helping people fix their PCs, and he’s always happy to share his wisdom with anyone who needs it.
When Vijay isn’t fixing Windows problems, he likes to spend time with his wife and two young children. He also enjoys reading, playing cricket, and watching Bollywood movies.