Error 1721 in Windows 10. Error 1721: ‘There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run.’ during installation/uninstallation
How to fix error 1722 in Windows 10?
Scan the registry. You can repair the Windows Installer registry in combination with entries from a registry cleaner, otherwise tweak the optimization software.
Run Windows Installer Care. Make sure the Windows Installer Service Provider is running by pressing the Win + R key combination and opening the Run text box in services.In msc.
Re-register the Windows Installer service.
How to fix Windows Installer error 1721?
[MiniTool News] Solution 1: Restart the Windows Installer service.
Solution 2 – Set Application Compatibility Mode
Other fixes for Windows Installer error 1721.
Windows 11 Software Wizard is recommended.
Why do I get Windows Installer error 1721?
Windows Installer error 1721 should be received when the Windows Installer is damaged, corrupted, or has a problem that prevents the installer from installing the program. Therefore, smokers need to fix runtime failure 1721 in order to install or uninstall the program.
What is Error 1721?
Error 1721 is usually an Install Shield error code indicating that the installation process failed.
How do I fix error 1721?
Error 1721 on Windows 10.
- Method 1: Restart the Windows Installer. Restart the Windows Installer service by doing the following and see if that helps…:
- First or second method. Run the recovery tool. …
- Troubleshoot problems that prevent programs from being installed, uninstalled, or installed (applies to Windows 10)
- Method 3: Install in negotiation mode.
- Press the Windows R+ key to open the run command.
- Enter the service provider. msc and press Enter.
- Right-click “Windows in the Installer” and stop the new service.
- Right-click again, start the client service and try to install its program.
How do I fix installer error 1721?
Error 1721 or 1722 when installing software
What does the error 1721 [ or 1722 ] mean?
Clicking this “More Information” button will display an excerpt from the log file that simply states “Error 1721 [or 1722]”. There was a problem with the Windows Installer package type. The installation software sprint could not be completed as scheduled.
Vijay is a tech writer with years of experience in the Windows world. He’s seen it all – from simple problems to catastrophic system failures. He loves nothing more than helping people fix their PCs, and he’s always happy to share his wisdom with anyone who needs it.
When Vijay isn’t fixing Windows problems, he likes to spend time with his wife and two young children. He also enjoys reading, playing cricket, and watching Bollywood movies.